What Are The Secrets To Layering Jewelry?
This is a question that my clients constantly ask me. Jewelry layering is a wonderful way to express your personal style and collect and mix pieces that you love. Read on for some helpful tips!
The Art of Layering
- Begin with necklaces of different lengths. Using various lengths will help avoid clustering and tangling.
- While you can start with two necklaces, 3 to 5 pieces are more likely to result in maximum impact.
- Utilize extra long necklaces. You can even wrap a longer piece twice to create an additional tier.
- Layer the same necklace in different graduating sizes
- Combine Textures for a Boho look. Create the ultimate cool boho vibe by combining matte with shiny, chains with varying links, pearl or beaded necklaces with chains.
- Layer a statement choker with gold medallions and chains with a variety of charms - a great way to personalize your statement!
Layer with Different Colors of GoldDon’t be afraid to mix colors: yellow gold with white gold, rose gold with yellow gold, blackened gold with yellow gold. And for a “high-low” look, combine silver with gold. The sky’s the limit!
Create a Chic and Edgy Look
- Start with finer pieces on top and graduate to the chunkier, longer pieces.
- For those longer lengths, a lariat can be a super cool option as well.
- Combine a choker with a dainty diamond necklace or a dainty enamel piece with a chunky charm necklace
- Varying lengths of micro faceted and ever-so-sparkly gemstones scattered with gold bits (discs or nuggets).
- Last but not least, don’t hesitate to layer up your rings and bracelets as well!